- All of our Galaxy model numbers begin with the letters "DX" and are covered by our Limited Two Year Parts and Labor Warranty.
- "Limited" means that we will repair problems caused by factory defects or normal use at no charge. Work performed by qualified technicians which did not cause any damage to the radio will not void the warranty and will be left intact. Problems caused by unqualified technicians, operator abuse or other miscellaneous catastrophes can also be repaired, but there will be a charge.
- The warranty period begins when the radio is first purchased. However, in the event that the dated sales receipt has been lost or the radio was purchased used, our radios are still covered for 26 months from the date of manufacture based on the serial number. Our warranty comes with the radio and remains valid even if you sell the radio to someone else. Factory refurbished radios are distinguished from new radios by using the letter "R" as the first character of the serial number and are also covered by this warranty.
- There are no off-site "Factory Authorized" service centers for Galaxy "DX" models. All warranty work must be done at our facility. For maximum convenience, these radios may be shipped directly to us for repair after obtaining a Repair Authorization Number (RAN). This RAN may be obtained from our website or by calling our Service Department at 760-480-8800 between 10am and 5pm Pacific Time. Be sure to have a pen an paper ready along with the serial number of your radio before calling. We will give you the RAN and our shipping address over the phone. The RAN must be written below your return address on the outside of the shipping box. Boxes which arrive without an RAN will be refused, and the shipping company will return the unopened box to you.
- When you send your radio, please include a copy of the sales receipt and a note with a detailed description of the symptoms, especially if they are intermittent. This will help our technicians locate the problem so we don't waste time sending the radio back and forth. If possible, please include a daytime phone number in case our technicians have any questions. Do not send your bracket, power cord or microphone unless we ask you for these items during our phone conversation.
- You are responsible for getting the radio safely to us. (We suggest using United Parcel Service -- UPS.) You must pay to ship the radio to us, and we will pay to ship the radio back to you. Since we use UPS and they do not ship to Post Office boxes, please provide us with a street address for the return of your radio. Be sure to print clearly.
- We appreciate your choosing a Galaxy radio and we will make every effort to get you back on the air as soon as possible.
- A Repair Authorization Number is required before sending a repair to us. Please call 760-480-8800 between 10am and 5pm Pacific Time or Click Here to request a number.